The Parish of St Michael and All Angels
The Parish of St Michael and All Angels is one of the few pre-World War structures in Sandakan. It has been declared a heritage site in 2005. The area is home to several other historically significant monuments and buildings. Parish of St Michael and All Angels is situated on Elton Hill and was constructed in 1893. The construction of the structure spanned over period of 3 decades. It was designed by B. W. Mountfart and is made of granite and white stones, which were brought from Buli Sim Sim and Hong Kong respectively.